Message from the ED - Paula Dickson
Greetings from Paula’s Pen
A warm welcome to Coastal Community Action’s new and up-dated website! In this new venture, we would like to share with you some of the history, dreams, hopes, struggles, opportunities and, accomplishments of our agency and of the community that we serve.
Message from the Board Chair - Patricia Purnell
As the number of people living below the poverty line soars to over 46 million and 22% of our children live in poverty, CCA’s services are needed more than ever. We want our new website to be a resource where members of the community will turn to become better informed of the help available for all ages; from the newborn to senior citizens.
- CCA’s mission is to respectfully and responsibly help people help themselves.
- CCA is governed by a volunteer, diverse Board of Directors who represent six counties .
- CCA has over two hundred dedicated employees to implement CCA’s services.
- CCA collaborates with over 100 community agencies to meet the needs of clients.
- CCA provides a vast array of services to low-income individuals and families such as:
- Head Start for children birth-four from income eligible families. Currently over 600 children are enrolled in Head Start in our service area.
- Services for seniors such as Foster Grandparents with over 80 participants; Senior Companion Program with over 80 participants and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program.
- CCA provides Section 8 Rental Assistance support to over 400 families in Carteret County.
- CCA also provides Weatherization Assistance to reduce the heating and cooling bills of low income, elderly and individuals with disabilities. Hundreds of folks have safer, warmer living conditions thanks to CCA.
- Our Board meetings are open to the public. The Board meets the Fourth Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m. at the agency office at 303 McQueen Ave. in Newport. Feel free to attend to learn more about CCA, Inc.